Publisher: Advantage Quest Publications
Weight: 420 g
In addition to knowing what to say, it is also important to know how to say it correctly. This book explains how to work with the structure and rules of English to construct powerful, effective sentences that communicate clearly and correctly.
Targeted to an intelligent audience with a basic understanding of the parts of speech, Awesome Grammar discusses the most frequent grammar mistakes and the principles underlying correct usage. Readers will discover:
* A foolproof strategy for choosing the correct pronoun
* Focus on all the important parts of grammar, from style and appearance to appropriateness and correctness
* How to ensure verb, subject, and number agreement
* The "whys" of the rules of grammar, not just the "hows"
* The truth about split infinitives
* How to handle, and, more importantly, not to mishandle the most important elements of writing
* Ungrammatical word use: words confused, misused, and abused
Awesome Grammar is the resource guide for readers from all walks of life, from students who want to improve their writing ability to businesspeople who need a quick refresher course on the rules.
If your skill with words isn't up to scratch, you may find yourself sidelined or ignored at work and elsewhere. You create an impression with what you write, and a weak or incorrect vocabulary is a serious liability. Awesome Vocabulary offers a painless way to build an exceptional vocabulary.
Readers will discover comprehensive, useful lists of words and exercises focused on improving word choices. They'll also learn:
* Tricks to reveal the meaning of new words
* Memory devices to help distinguish between similar words
* The difference between using words to impress and using words that make their meanings clear
* Examples of writing--correct and incorrect, attractive and unlovely, persuasive and off-putting--that clearly show the right stuff and how to amend the wrong stuff
* The secret to "balanced prose": the Rule of Three
* Avoiding repetition and redundancy
* The proper vocabulary for the proper occasion: business letters, e-mails, and casual conversation
* Words to avoid at all costs
Awesome Vocabulary is the book for anyone who never wants to fumble for the correct word, and all readers who wants to build on their already impressive lexicon.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.