Weight: 420 g
In the early 1980s, Caterpillar, Inc. lost one million dollars per day for three consecutive years. Its continuing existence came into question. Today, "CAT" is the world's most profitable manufacturer of construction and mining equipment and large engines. The now legendary global company made numerous well-calculated, though risky decisions for three consecutive decades--in the process scaling to heights unimaginable to even the finest business enterprises.
How did they do it? The Caterpillar Way.
Senior management at CAT facilitated the authors' one-year odyssey through the hallways and intriguing history of the construction industry giant. This inspiring book takes you behind the scenes with the CEOs, executive vice presidents, managers, dealers, customers, union bosses, and Wall Street analysts who were players in Caterpillar's drive to global dominance. You'll discover:
- CAT's change-or-die approach to restructuring
- How a local firm from central Illinois became a local firm on a global basis
- The secret behind Caterpillar's decades-long revenue explosion
- How to use branding and product financing effectively
- What true dedication and commitment to Six Sigma really entails
- Why Caterpillar became the mecca for HR officers negotiating with unions
- The authors' prediction of CAT's stock price through 2020
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.