A History of Russia, 8E
Now completely revised in this eighth edition, A History of Russia covers the entire span of the country's history, from ancient times to the post-communist present. Keeping with the hallmark of the text, Riasanovsky and Steinberg examine all aspects of Russia's history--political, international, military, economic, social, and cultural--with a commitment to objectivity, fairness, and balance, and to reflecting recent research and new trends in scholarly interpretation. New chapters on politics, society, and culture since 1991 explore Russia's complex experience after communism and discuss its chances of becoming a more stable and prosperous country in the future.
Widely acclaimed as the best one-volume history available, A History of Russia is also available in two split volumes--the first covers early Russia through the nineteenth century and the second ranges from 1855 to the present. Volume II features an additional introductory chapter that links Russia's modern history to the events that preceded it.
New to this Edition:
* Greater attention to social and cultural history
* Updated to cover the Putin and Medvedev administrations
* Increased coverage of women and everyday life
* Expanded treatment of the twentieth century and the first decade of the twenty-first century
* Completely redesigned maps with new full-color reference maps
Publisher,Oxford University Press
No. of Pages,