MPH was founded in 1815 when a young missionary, William Milne chose Malacca to establish a permanent mission press. From there, MPH grew and expanded to become one of the leading English bookstore chain in Malaysia. Its first flagship store at MPH Mid Valley was listed in the Malaysia Book of Records in 2002 for being the largest bookstore in Malaysia. On the same year, it was also awarded the Superbrand status.
Are you the person we are Looking for?
- Do you like reading books?
- Do you like meeting people?
- Do you enjoy learning?
- Are you afraid to work hard?
- Are you afraid of challenges?
IF THE ANSWER IS YES, YES, YES, NO & NO, THEN YOU ARE THE RIGHT PERSON!
MPH invites you to apply and be a part of our growing family to make MPH the Most Preferred Bookstore in Malaysia.
As the premier book retailing chain store and Online bookstore in Malaysia, we are seeking bright, articulate, career minded individuals to provide exemplary customer care in the exciting world of books. Whether you are attracted to work in our bookstore as a customer service assistant, support the flow of merchandise as a warehouse clerk, or apply your expertise as a corporate professional, we have a wide range of career opportunities for you to choose from so what are you waiting for, call us now.
2 Days Off Weekly
- Basic, Non-Supervisor (CSA Module, Product Training)
- Intermediate, Supervisor (Supervisor Module)
- Advance - Executive (MPH Management Program)
For confirmed Staff with 1 year continuous service
- 4 days compulsory PAID leave (non-replaceable)
- Federal Territory Day/Sultan's Birthday
- Labour Day
- Agong's Birthday
- National Day
- Maternity Leave (60 days)
- Marriage Leave (3 working days)
- Compassionate Leave (3 working days for immediate family)
Employee discounts up to 20%:
- On books, stationery & etc (not applicable to Magazines, Newspapers, Best Buys and Agent-controlled Items)
Book Borrowing Facilities
- Applicable for Panel Clinics & Government Hospitals
- Basic, Non-Supervisors (CSA Module, Product Training)
- Intermediate, Supervisor(Supervisor Module)
- Advance - Executive(MPH Management Program)
MPH Bookstores, the leading English bookstore chain in Malaysia invites suitable individuals who are self-motivated, passionate and driven to join us to pursue an exciting career in providing knowledge to all Malaysians.
- Maintain eCommerce webstores, platforms and applications
- Work closely with various departments to provide consistent and regular content and product updates shared across all e-Commerce platforms.
- Ensure high standards and best practices are adhered to when maintaining ecommerce websites and platforms.
- Analyze e-commerce channels performance by examining the markets, trends and sales data.
- Assist in the planning and development of e-commerce projects/campaigns to ensure targets are met in accordance with objectives and deadlines.
- Provide support in other areas of Media Marketing, PPC, Email Marketing, SEO, Keyword Research, Google Analytics, Website UX, and Paid Social Media, on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics and generating reports.
- Using analytics tools to better understand customer’s user journey & engagement, and to discuss such potential ideas for improvement with key team members.
- Monitor changes in product sales by using web analytics and Excel spreadsheets (pivot tables, vlookups, etc) to stay organized.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- A degree in eCommerce/Business Management/Marketing or any relevant field.
- Minimum 1 year experience in an ecommerce company.
- Hands-on experience in maintaining ecommerce websites. Knowledgeable in Shopify platform would be an added advantage.
- Possess analytical skills to assist in formulating digital marketing plans and to execute plans to achieve high conversion rate.
- Hard working, committed, team player, multi tasker and able to work weekends when needed or after office hours.
Customer Service Assistant (Temporary/ Part Time)
MPH Bookstores at Mid Valley, Nu Sentral, Melawati Mall, Bangsar Village & Tropicana Gardens
- Handling all incoming customer queries and questions Informing customers of shop promotions to encourage purchases.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of store items to provide advice and recommendations as needed.
- Ensure every customer receives prompt, courteous service in accordance to our customer service standards.
- Responsible for maintaining all sorts of required records, reports and other trade documents.
- Carry out any other duties that may assigned by the Management from time to time.
- Minimum SPM qualification or relevant experience in the customer service industry.
- Able to communicate effectively in English and Bahasa Malaysia (written and verbal) Keen interest in books and enjoy meeting people.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a pleasant personality.
- The ability to remain calm and polite when dealing with complaints or challenging customer.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Willing to perform shift duties and work weekends and public holidays.
Based at Balakong
- Maintenance of Data in System – From keying in new items, updating of items as well as ensuring proper records in line with the operations processes.
- Filing of Documents.
- Printing and preparation of Shipping Documents, Invoices before stock arrival. Sourcing of these documents from the portal given.
- Keying in of Orders to Publishers.
- At least a SPM/STPM
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Must have Excel knowledge.
- Accurate and have good English proficiency.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details.
Merchandiser for Fiction & Paperback
Based at Balakong
- Research, select and purchase good books.
- Build relationships with publishers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to publishers and management.
- Create sales reports, budgets, and plan your strategies accordingly and present it to the management and publishers.
- Sourcing and selecting new products through catalogs and by attending national and international trade fairs and events.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field.
- Passionate in books, particularly fiction and paperback books.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in appropriate software.
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel.
- Ability to travel.
- 2 years industry experience.
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please email a detailed resume stating current and expected salary and a recent passport-sized photograph (n.r.) to: email@example.com