Publisher: John Wiley
Weight: 420 g
Unleash the power of the Android OS and build the kinds of brilliant, innovative apps users love to use
If you already know your way around the Android OS and can build a simple Android app in under an hour, this book is for you. If you're itching to see just how far you can push it and discover what Android is really capable of, it's for you. And if you're ready to learn how to build advanced, intuitive, innovative apps that are a blast to use, this book is definitely for you.
From custom views and advanced multi-touch gestures, to integrating online web services and exploiting the latest geofencing and activity recognition features, ace Android developer, Erik Hellman, delivers expert tips, tricks and little-known techniques for pushing the Android envelope so you can:
- Optimize your components for the smoothest user experience possible
- Create your own custom Views
- Push the boundaries of the Android SDK
- Master Android Studio and Gradle
- Make optimal use of the Android audio, video and graphics APIs
- Program in Text-To-Speech and Speech Recognition
- Make the most of the new Android maps and location API
- Use Android connectivity technologies to communicate with remote devices
- Perform background processing
- Use Android cryptography APIs
- Find and safely use hidden Android APIs
- Cloud-enable your applications with Google Play Services
- Distribute and sell your applications on Google Play Store
Learn how to unleash the power of Android and transform your apps from good to great in Android Programming: Pushing the Limits.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.