Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Weight: 420 g
Packed full of useful study extras, the Cambridge Learner's Dictionary helps you on your way to becoming a confident, natural English speaker. With clear definitions, written especially for intermediate level students, and thousands of examples that put the language into context, this dictionary is an invaluable companion, whether you are learning English for work or pleasure, or preparing for an exam. The best bits of the CD-ROM ...
The best bits of the dictionary ...
• NEW! Improved and expanded study pages include the innovative 'Talk' section, focussing on conversation, and how people really speak in day-to-day situations.
• NEW! Word Partner boxes show how words are used together, helping you develop natural sounding English.
• NEW! Special 'new words' section focuses on the latest words to enter the English language, ensuring that the language you learn is always up to date.
• NEW! Thesaurus boxes make your English sound more natural by providing alternatives to over-used words, helping you to widen your vocabulary.
• Learner Error notes taken from the Cambridge Learner Corpus - based on real student errors from Cambridge ESOL papers - help you to avoid typical mistakes.
The Cambridge Learner's Dictionary CD-ROM includes the whole dictionary in a handy searchable format and much more, too! You can listen to every word in British and American English - and even record yourself for comparison.
• UNIQUE! SMART thesaurus helps build vocabulary and allows you to create topic-related word lists at the click of a button.
• QUICKfind, a mini pop-up version of the dictionary, lets you look up words as you work with no effort.
• Hundreds of interactive vocabulary practice exercises - to use on-screen, or print out for classroom use - help you to monitor your progress.
The best bits of the CD-ROM ...
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.