Publisher: Lonely Planet
Weight: 420 g
Lonely Planet Central America on a Shoestring is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, what hidden discoveries await you, and how to optimize your budget for an extended continental trip. Snorkel with dazzling corals and oversized starfish, marvel at the restored temples of Tikal, or wander through the picture-perfect cobblestone streets of Granada; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Central America and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Central America on a Shoestring:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Budget-oriented recommendations with honest reviews - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including culture, history, religion, art, literature, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 104 local maps
- Useful features - including Off the Beaten Track, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and First Time Central America
- Coverage of Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Mexico's Yucatan, Cancun, Chiapas, Tegucigalpa, San Salvador, Managua, San Jose, Antigua, Roatan, the Highlands, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Central America on a Shoestring, our most comprehensive guide to Central America, is perfect for those planning to optimize their budget for an extended continental trip.
- Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out Lonely Planet's country guides to those particular destinations,our most comprehensive guides that cover both the top sights and take the roads less travelled, or check out Lonely Planet's Discover Guides which are photo-rich guides to those destinations' most popular attractions.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.