Publisher: Miles Kelly
Weight: 420 g
This beautifully illustrated science encyclopedia for kids is the perfect book to get your child fascinated about the world around them.
Children's Encyclopedia Science includes a wide variety of subjects, from atoms and planets to hurricanes and muscles. These enthralling topics will get your child thinking about the world that surrounds them. Easy-to-follow numbered facts will give children aged 7+ a great sense of achievement and incentivise them to make their way through the book. Colourful photos, artwork and diagrams aid the learning process, alongside quizzes, activities and cartoons to make learning fun and accessible.
Essential topics covered in Children's Encyclopedia Science:
- Science: Science on the move, Noisy science, and Scientists at work
- Space: Planet of life, A star is born, and Robot explorers
- Weather: Clouds and rain, Thunderbolts and lightning, and Weather watch
- Human Body: The growing body, Muscle power, and The healthy body
- Inventions: New ways of moving, Measuring time, and Taking to the skies
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- Light is the fastest thing in the Universe – it travels through space at 300,000 kilometres per second. That's seven times around the world in less than one second!
- For its size, Saturn is lighter than any other planet. If there were a large enough sea, it would float like a cork.
- It's easier to smile than frown. There are about 40 muscles under the skin of the face. You use almost all of these to make a deep frown, but only about half of them to show a broad grin.
Activities to make learning fun include:
- Moon watch: what do you see when you look at the Moon through binoculars at night?
- How much has it rained? Create your own rain gauge using a jar, waterproof marker and ruler.
- Frothy fun: Using only vinegar and washing soda, create a safe chemical reaction at home!
Product Dimensions: 279.4 x 216 mm
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.