Publisher: Cliff Notes
Weight: 420 g
The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
In CliffsNotes on The Taming of the Shrew, you explore one of Shakespeare's most beloved, and imitated, works. In this play within a play, Petruchio, the man from Verona, marries Kate (the shrew of the story), so that Kate's younger sister Bianca may be allowed to take on several suitors and choose one to marry.
Summaries and commentaries lead you, act by act, through this Shakespearean classic, and critical essays give you insight into Shakespeare's historical basis for the play, as well as role playing in The Taming of the Shrew. Other features that help you study include
- Character analyses of the main characters
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- A section on the life and background of William Shakespeare
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A ResourceCenter full of books, articles, films, and Internet sites
Classic literature or modern modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.