Often the only thing separating successful people from the crowd is the beliefs that they have running around inside their heads and their innate self-confidence. But this book isn't about promoting unrealistic positive thinking - it's a book that helps you understand the complex psychology of your beliefs, your thoughts, values, attitudes and feelings.
Some of us overestimate ourselves and are overconfident or even unwittingly arrogant and unable to see our flaws - and that includes people ranging from naïve job hunters to even presidents and prime ministers. Others amongst us underestimate ourselves and are unaware of our full potential. The reality is that most of us both overestimate ourselves in some respects and underestimate ourselves in others.
This book will open your eyes, doing away with unhelpful beliefs and instilling new, more helpful beliefs about yourself and the world. Follow the practical advice within the book and you will make better decisions and be able to take action in order to get what you want in life.
By reading this book, you will:
- Discover your unique profile of confidence strengths and weak spots - allowing you to pinpoint the action you need to take
- Understand why you may need less confidence than you may think - and why too much confidence may even end up alienating people around you
- Discover proven techniques that will allow you to control unhelpful thoughts, feelings and even images so that you can better take charge of your life
- Learn science-based methods for conquering doubt or anxiety in both your personal and professional life, whether you're looking for a promotion or looking for love
- Be able to apply both quick techniques as well as deeper, more lasting methods for making a major difference to your confidence and your chances in life
- Create a plan of action to help you fulfil your true potential
Publisher,MPH Online Publication Date, Format, Paperback Weight, 340 g No. of Pages,