This highly practical guide provides information that will help research students avoid needless mistakes. It informs and advises you about many of the important facets of postgraduate research, including:
- what it means to conduct research at doctoral level
- the requirements for independence, contribution to knowledge, originality and suitability for publication
- planning a research project over a period of time
- responsible research practice
- criteria used in the examination of a PhD.
Getting a PhD is an essential handbook for PhD students and provides plenty of useful advice for Masters students or undergraduates conducting a research project.