Publisher: Jeremy P. Tarcher
Weight: 318 g
This inspiring new book from the bestselling author of Little Big Minds reveals how the heartbeats of philosophy clear thinking, quiet reflection and good conversation are essential ingredients in a well lived life. Full of great discussion ideas and activities you can do with a group, How Philosophy Can Save Your Life is framed around ten big ideas themes that, according to McCarty, are necessary to grasp if one wants to live a truly fulfilling life.
- Simplicity (philosophers include Epicurus and Charlotte Joko Beck)
- Communication (philosophers include bell hooks and Karl Jaspers)
- Perspective (philosophers include Bertrand Russell and Mary Wollstonecraft)
- Flexibility (philosophers include Augustine and the Bhagavad Gita)
- Empathy (philosophers include the Dalai Lama and Martin Luther King, Jr.)
- Individuality (philosophers include Jean Paul Sartre and Elizabeth Spelman)
- Belonging (philosophers include Albert Camus and Rita Manning)
- Serenity (philosophers include Epictetus and Lao Tzu)
- Possibility (philosophers include John Stuart Mill and Simone de Beauvoir)
- Joy (philosophers include Shunryu Suzuki and Jane Addams)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.