Publisher: Cengage Learning
Weight: 420 g
This comprehensive text covers the entire field of human resource development, from orientation and skills training, to career and organizational development. It shows how concepts and theory have been put into practice in a variety of organizations. This sixth edition of HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT, International Edition reflects the current state of the field, blending real-world practices and up-to-date research.
- CHAPTER-OPENING LEARNING OBJECTIVES, QUESTIONS, AND CASES: Learning objectives and opening questions at the beginning of each chapter help focus attention on key chapter topics. An opening case in each chapter places the contents of the chapter into a meaningful context. A return to the opening case provides closure and shows how the chapter content may be used to address the issues in the case.
- INTERESTING EXAMPLES, BOXED INSERTS, AND ILLUSTRATIONS: Illustrations, examples, and boxed inserts throughout the book help readers better assimilate the information.
- KEY TERMS AND GLOSSARY: A list of key terms and concepts at the end of each chapter and an end-of-book glossary provides easy reference to important terms.
- END-OF-CHAPTER DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: End-of-chapter discussion questions stimulate thought and provide students with an opportunity to discuss and apply the information in the chapter.
- EXERCISES: Exercises in every chapter provide further experience in applying material from the text or show how the material relates to a real-world setting.
- COVERAGE OF THE ENTIRE HRD FIELD: Werner/DeSimone''s HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT, 6th Edition covers the entire field of HRD (as defined by two different competency studies by the American Society for Training and Development), from orientation and skills training, to career development and organizational development.
- CONCEPTS, PROCESSES, AND PRACTICES OF HRD: The authors provide a clear understanding of the concepts, processes, and practices that form the basis of successful HRD.
- APPLICATION OF HRD IN A VARIETY OF ORGANIZATIONS: This edition shows how concepts and theory can and have been put into practice in a variety of organizations.
- FOCUS ON SHARED ROLE OF LINE MANAGEMENT AND HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALISTS: The book focuses on the shared role of line management and human resource specialists in HRD.
- COMBINATION OF REAL-WORLD APPLICATIONS AND RESEARCH: The text reflects the current state of the field, blending real-world practices and up-to-date research.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.