Publisher: Lonely Planet
Weight: 420 g
Lonely Planet New Zealand's South Island is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Step into postcard paradise at Abel Tasman National Park, swim with seals and dolphins at Kaikoura, or take a hike on the Franz Josef Glacier; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Zealand's South Island and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet New Zealand's South Island Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, politics, landscapes, and wildlife
- Over 54 local maps
- Useful features - including Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), Trekking in the South Island, and Extreme South Island
- Coverage of Marlborough, Nelson, Christchurch, Canterbury, the West Coast, Dunedin, Otago, Queenstown, Wanaka, Fiordland, Southland, Hokitika, Oamaru, Akaroa, Banks Peninsula, Stewart Island, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet New Zealand's South Island, our most comprehensive guide to New Zealand's South Island, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.