Weight: 420 g
The pioneering experts behind the bestselling The Whole-Brain Child now explore the ultimate child-raising challenge: discipline. Highlighting the fascinating link between a child's neurological development and the way a parent reacts to misbehavior, No-Drama Discipline provides an effective, compassionate road map for dealing with tantrums, tensions, and tears—without causing a scene.
Defining the true meaning of the “d” word (to instruct, not to shout or reprimand), the authors explain how to reach your child, redirect emotions, and turn a meltdown into an opportunity for growth. By doing so, the cycle of negative behavior (and punishment) is essentially brought to a halt, as problem solving becomes a win/win situation. Inside this sanity-saving guide you'll discover
• strategies that help parents identify their own discipline philosophy—and master the best methods to communicate the lessons they are trying to impart
• facts on brain development—and what kind of discipline is most appropriate and constructive at all ages and stages
• the way to calmly connect with and communicate love for a child—no matter how extreme the behavior—while still setting clear and consistent limits
• tips for navigating through the storm to achieve insight, empathy, and repair with your children
• twenty discipline mistakes even great parents make—and how to stay focused on the principles of whole-brain parenting and discipline techniques
Complete with candid parenting stories and playful illustrations that bring the authors' suggestions to life, No-Drama Discipline shows you how to work with your child's developing mind, peacefully resolve conflicts, and inspire happiness and strengthen resilience in everyone in the family.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.