DK Eyewitness Provence and the Cote d'Azur (Travel Guide)
France’s most alluring region promises fragrant fields of lavender, incredible ancient relics, and celebrated art collections. Sandy Riviera beaches, glitzy resorts, and hilltop villages may come to mind when you think of Provence and the Côte d’Azur, but this region is also a haven for lovers of the great outdoors. Its array of stunning natural landscapes includes the alpine wilderness of Parc National du Mercantour, the rugged coastal cliffs of the Calanques, and the dramatic Gorges du Verdon – Europe’s deepest canyon.
Whether you want to watch flocks of flamingos strutting across the wild wetlands of the Camargue, visit lush vineyards in the Rhône valley or simply soak up the sun in St-Tropez, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that the Provence and Côte d’Azur have to offer. Our newly updated guide brings Provence and the Côte d’Azur to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does, with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the region’s iconic buildings and neighborhoods. We’ve also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak. DK Eyewitness Provence and the Cote d’Azur is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Provence and the Cote d’Azur you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Provence and the Cote d'Azur’s must-sees and hidden gems
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Provence and the Côte d’Azur, from the Riviera and Alpes Maritime to Alpes-de-Haute-Provence and Vaucluse
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay in Washington DC
- Detailed maps and walks which make navigating the region easy
- Covers: Riviera and Alpes Maritimes, Var and Iles d'Hyères, Bouches-du-Rhône and Nimes, Vaucluse, and Alpes-de-Haute-Provence.
Want the best of Provence and Côte d’Azur in your pocket? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Provence and Côte d’Azur.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.
No. of Pages, 224