Publisher: John Wiley
Weight: 420 g
In every manager's career there are moments where decisions need to be made in order to achieve success and this smart, nicely packaged little book can be there to help each time. The trick to succeeding in these moments is to identify each of these situations ahead of time and understand how to act and what to do to reduce the chances of failure. That is exactly what The Little Black Book for Managers has done. The authors have listed a whole host of situations most managers face, based on thousands of personal experiences, and have mapped out how to deal with each situation. The book contains specific examples of words and phrases that can be used as well as illustrations and exercises to analyse your current performance. It is short on waffle and high on practical wisdom. It is designed to be dipped in and out of – reached for whenever a situation arises. This is a practical support tool for managers at all levels, from shop-floor supervisor to main board director.
The Little Black Book for Managers explains how to deal with scenarios such as;
- Having a lack of confidence to deal with other people in the way that is needed
- Times when you have to assert your authority more
- Allocating critical work. Who to choose?
- Needing to get extra effort from the team when under pressure
- Having to deal with under-performers
- Personality clashes between work colleagues
- Managing a meeting with senior leaders
Payment & Security