The Strategy of Execution: A Five Step Guide for Turning Vision into Action
YOU HAVE A BRILLIANT NEW STRATEGY. NOW IT'S TIME TO EXECUTE.
Businesses spend a combined total of $47 billion annually on strategy consulting. Approximately 90 percent of strategic change initiatives fail to deliver the intended results.
Something isn't adding up.
As companies all over the world concentrate on revisiting, revising, and remaking their strategies, they forget the next step: making sure the strategy happens. So it turns out that billions of dollars are spent on brilliant ideas-but not brilliant results.
In this groundbreaking book, business strategy experts Liz Mellon and Simon Carter provide a solution: THE STRATEGY OF EXECUTION. The authors break down the process of ensuring that your new strategy translates into measurable profits and growth into five fundamental and profoundly important steps:
- MOBILIZE THE VILLAGE: Get your senior executives to embrace the new strategy and actively engage with it.
- GATHER THE ELDERS: Build a small team of the very highest figures in the corporation to lead strategic change.
- POWER UP FEELING: Don't overthink it; trust your instincts as much as your intellect.
- ENERGIZE PEOPLE: Create a culture of communication, ownership, and followthrough of strategic objectives.
- BUILD ENDURANCE: Drive individual and organizational resilience to play the long game and hardwire change throughout systems and organizational structures to maintain momentum.
No. of Pages,