Publisher: Portfolio Penguin
Weight: 650 g
There are plenty of parenting books out there, but as a working parent there's never been a trusted guide that coaches you how to do well at work and be the loving and engaged mother or father you want to be.
Whether you're planning a family, pushing for promotion during your kids' teenage years, or at any phase in between, Workparent provides all the advice and assurance you'll need to balance your family and career in your own, authentic way. Whatever your field of work or family structure, you'll learn how to:
* Find a childcare arrangement you fully trust
* Build a strong support team, at home and on the job
* Tame guilt, self-doubt and worry
* Step up at work while keeping your family healthy and whole
* Navigate big transitions: the return from leave, a promotion or job change, or the arrival of a second child
* Advocate for advancement and flexibility at work
* Manage day-to-day pressures, like scheduling, work trips, mealtimes and homework
* Leave work stress at the door and be present with your children
* Find-and really use-time off
* Feel more capable, calm and in-control
Written by Daisy Dowling, a top executive coach and working parent, this book feels like an intimate talk with a trusted friend and mentor, and it'll have your back for every stage of parenthood.
Workparent is the only handbook you need to thrive as a working parent.
Workparent is the definitive guide for anyone struggling to balance the overwhelming demands of working and parenting. Whether you're a senior manager or just starting out , gay or straight, partnered or single, full-time or self-employed, this book will offer practical advice to help you flourish in your career while raising a happy family. Amongst other topics, it will show you how to:
- Talk to your employer about your childcare needs
- Leave office stress at the door and enter your home with a positive attitude
- Move up your career ladder whilst your family is still growing
- Make the most of your holidays
Payment & Security