Yoga for Dummies, 4Ed.
Stretch, strengthen, and start your yoga journey with this approachable guide
Yoga For Dummies teaches beginners the fundamentals of Yoga―correct posture, breathing techniques, meditation practices, and beyond. It’s also a helpful resource for established yogis who want to focus on foundations. Whoever you are, you’ll enjoy the proven mental and physical health benefits of this ancient practice. Improve cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure, increase your flexibility and balance, reduce stress, and more! Let Dummies help you get the most out of your yoga routine. This edition includes updated photos, new mindfulness meditations, new routines, and easy-to-follow instructions for mastering core yoga poses and building a regular practice.
- Discover the ideas and philosophy behind the ancient practice of Yoga
- Learn correct techniques and alignment for basic and more advanced poses
- Practice sequences of yoga poses for a full-body workout that builds strength and flexibility
- Reap the benefits of mindfulness meditation and yogic breathing exercises
Yoga For Dummies provides beginner-friendly instruction and expert guidance so you can enjoy the health and peace of mind that yoga brings.
About the Author
Larry Payne, PhD, is an internationally renowned Yoga teacher and back specialist. He is the founding president of the International Association of Yoga Therapists and the co-founder of the Yoga curriculum at UCLA’s School of Medicine and Loyola Marymount University. Brenda Feuerstein is founder and director of Traditional Yoga Studies, a company that promotes authentic Yoga teachings and research.
- Dimensions : 7.3 x 1.2 x 9.1 inches
No. of Pages, 432