Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE(USA)
Weight: 420 g
A practical guide to generating less waste, featuring meaningful and achievable strategies from the blogger behind The Green Garbage Project, a yearlong experiment in living garbage-free.
Trash is a big, dirty problem. The average American tosses out nearly 2,000 pounds of garbage every year that piles up in landfills and threatens our air and water quality. You do your part to reduce, reuse, and recycle, but is it enough?
In The Zero-Waste Lifestyle, Amy Korst shows you how to lead a healthier, happier, and more sustainable life by generating less garbage. Drawing from lessons she learned during a yearlong experiment in zero-waste living, Amy outlines hundreds of easy ideas—from the simple to the radical—for consuming and throwing away less, with low-impact tips on the best ways to:
• Buy eggs from a local farm instead of the grocery store
• Start a worm bin for composting
• Grow your own loofah sponges and mix up eco-friendly cleaning solutions
• Purchase gently used items and donate them when you're finished
• Shop the bulk aisle and keep reusable bags in your purse or car
• Bring your own containers for take-out or restaurant leftovers
By eliminating unnecessary items in every aspect of your life, these meaningful and achievable strategies will help you save time and money, support local businesses, decrease litter, reduce your toxic exposure, eat well, become more self-sufficient, and preserve the planet for future generations.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.