Publisher: Advantage Quest Publications
Weight: 420 g
If your skill with words isn't up to scratch, you may find yourself sidelined or ignored at work and elsewhere. You create an impression with what you write, and a weak or incorrect vocabulary is a serious liability. Awesome Vocabulary offers a painless way to build an exceptional vocabulary.
Readers will discover comprehensive, useful lists of words and exercises focused on improving word choices.
They'll also learn:
* Tricks to reveal the meaning of new words
* Memory devices to help distinguish between similar words
* The difference between using words to impress and using words that make their meanings clear
* Examples of writing--correct and incorrect, attractive and unlovely, persuasive and off-putting--that clearly show the right stuff and how to amend the wrong stuff
* The secret to "balanced prose": the Rule of Three
* Avoiding repetition and redundancy
* The proper vocabulary for the proper occasion: business letters, e-mails, and casual conversation
* Words to avoid at all costs
Awesome Vocabulary is the book for anyone who never wants to fumble for the correct word, and all readers who wants to build on their already impressive lexicon.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.