Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Weight: 420 g
The New York Times bestseller, which for 10 years has been a must-have for women in business, is now completely revised and updated. In this new edition, internationally recognized executive coach Lois P. Frankel reveals a distinctive set of behaviors-over 130 in all-that women learn in girlhood that ultimately sabotage them as adults.
She teaches you how to eliminate these unconscious mistakes that could be holding you back and offers invaluable coaching tips that can easily be incorporated into your social and business skills. The results for hundreds of thousands of women have been career opportunities they never thought possible-at every stage of their career, from entry-level to the corner office! Stop making "nice girl" errors that can become career pitfalls, such as:
- Mistake #13: Avoiding office politics. If you don't play the game, you can't possibly win.
- Mistake #21: Multi-tasking. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should do it.
- Mistake #54: Failure to negotiate. Don't equate negotiation with confrontation.
- Mistake #70: Inappropriate use of social media. Once it's out there, it's hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube.
- Mistake #82: Asking permission. Children, not adults, ask for approval. Be direct, be confident.
This is one of my bookshelf favorites that I have recommended to my female co-workers and high potential newcomers to the corporate world since its first edition. Recently picked up the revised copy and it still does not disappoint. Finding that balance between being a credible, trusted business partner and being called an "aggressive b-word" is a challenge, particularly for an alpha female. While I thought I knew a lot, I was often overusing the masculine energy I had thinking that was the way to the boardroom in a male-dominated environment. Incorporating some of the tips I learned in Dr. Frankel's book, I noticed a distinct change in how my male colleagues and superiors dealt with me, all for the better. The revised copy, built for today's workplace, has been my recent nightly reading to reassess where I am now in my career and how I may need to refine myself further as I move up the ladder.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.